So you had a great time at the swimming pool, but a strange itching sensation has since snuck its way in between your toes. Turns out moisture and bare feet don’t make such a great combo, and you’re left with a case of athlete’s foot for your summertime laps. Use the following tips to prevent athlete’s foot and keep your feet in tip-top shape.
• Keep your feet clean and dry.
• Dry between your toes after swimming or bathing.
• Wear shoes or sandals that allow your feet to breathe.
• When indoors, wear socks without shoes.
• Wear socks to absorb sweat. Change your socks twice a day.
• Use talcum or antifungal powder on your feet.
• Allow your shoes to air for at least 24 hours before you wear them again.
• Wear shower sandals in public pools and showers.